Dorman Products Acquires MAS Industries
Montreal-based MAS Industries has been acquired by Dorman Products as of October 27th 2017. This acquisition will help position Dorman Products as a leader in the premium chassis category by combining the specialized expertise that MAS Industries developed over the last 20 years with the extensive engineering capabilities and sales/support network of Dorman Products.
Thank you for your patience during this transition and as we previously committed to, you can expect no disruption to our o/s service. We would ask that you continue to buy and receive shipments from MAS Canada with the added benefit of over 1,500 new SKUs that will be introduced throughout Q1 2018.
As we integrate these businesses, we are committed to providing the same great products and service you have come to expect as our customer. Thank you for your continued support as a loyal MAS customer.
As with any big merger or acquisition, there are sure to be some questions about how the two premium chassis lines will be integrated. This post provides an update to the integration plan:
The Dorman Products Premium Chassis will consist of Premium XL™, Premium RD™ and MAS Select™
- The only change is adding the Dorman logo in place of the MAS logo on the Premium XL and Premium RD packaging.
- Full-line coverage of control arms will be available under the Premium XL™ brand and the Dorman OE Solutions brand.
Chassis parts and MAS Control Arms will ship from the MAS facility in Montreal, Canada.
- The MAS numbering system will be used on Premium XL™, Premium RD™ and MAS Select™ chassis products.
- The MAS product will not change.
- Dorman OE Solutions control arms will keep the Dorman numbering system and continue to ship from Dorman distribution warehouses.
Please contact your Dorman Division Sales Director or local Dorman/MAS Salesperson for more information.